Pilates promotes core strength, proper body alignment, balanced muscle development, and flexibility by training the body to move efficiently. It was developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th Century as a training method that can be used by everyone and all body types. The techniques are based on the principles of concentration, centering, precision, breathing, and flow.
Some advantages of using Pilates include:
- It focuses on spinal alignment which helps improve posture, ease of movement, and lung capacity.
- Pilates will provide a long and lean physique over time.
- The practice emphasizes concentration leading to better body awareness.
- Pilates is an excellent technique for injury recovery including neck, back, knee, hip, ankles and foot injuries. It also helps prevent future injuries by creating movement patterns that are safe and effective.
- Our Certified Authentic Pilates Instructor, Gretchen Johnson, has extensive training and years of experience in working with clients of all ages and fitness levels. She has the skills to get you the body you want and deserve in a way that feels good.
- All Pilates lessons are private so no client will feel intimidated by training with someone at a higher fitness level.
- We use all the proper Pilates equipment including reformers, tower mats, and the wunda chair.
Gretchen believes Pilates offers a safe and non-threatening way to reach fitness goals. She has an expert eye to spot weaknesses and imbalances. She then teaches how to use the proper form and techniques so her clients learn how to exercise safely and effectively. Gretchen believes Pilates is fun and will pass on her excitement to you!