Pilates promotes core strength, proper body alignment, balanced muscle development, and flexibility by training the body to move efficiently. It was developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th Century as a training method that can be used by everyone and all body types. The techniques are based on the principles of concentration, centering, precision, breathing, and flow.
Some advantages of using Pilates include:
- It focuses on spinal alignment which helps improve posture, ease of movement, and lung capacity.
- Pilates will provide a long and lean physique over time.
- The practice emphasizes concentration leading to better body awareness.
- Pilates is an excellent technique for injury recovery including neck, back, knee, hip, ankles and foot injuries. It also helps prevent future injuries by creating movement patterns that are safe and effective.
- Our Certified Authentic Pilates Instructors, Gretchen Johnson and Carol Myers, are Comprehensive and Classically trained. They have years of experience in working with clients of all ages and fitness levels. They have the skills to get you the body you want and deserve in a way that feels good.
- All Pilates lessons are private so no client will feel intimidated by training with someone at a higher fitness level.
- We use all Gratz Pilates equipment including Reformers, Cadillac, High Chair, Wunda Chair, Baby Arm Chair, Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector, Small Barrel, Baby Arm Chair, and Pedi Pole
Authentic Pilates Sarasota offers a safe and non-threatening workout to reach fitness goals. Our expert teachers spot weaknesses and imbalances, and teach how to use the proper form and technique so clients learn how to exercise safely and effectively. Our instructors believe Pilates is fun and will pass on their excitement to you!